The most effective way to optimise production from livestock and ensure improvement in land condition, production and soil health is to plan the movement of livestock across your property. Plans ideally will be developed seasonally to ensure stock numbers are matched to the available feed supply. Regardless of the number of paddocks you currently have a grazing plan will inform your grazing decisions and help you get the best from your land while improving ecosystem function by planning for plant recovery.
This program will include tools to help you assess available feed and plan to use the different pastures and pasture types across your property more effectively. Learn how management of pasture utilisation and planning to leave a greater residual biomass post grazing will enhance plant growth.
- How grasses grow, why rest from grazing is important
- Grow more, use more, leave more pasture
- Determine livestock nutritional requirements
- Matching stocking rate to carrying capacity - feed budget
- Methods to measure available feed and pasture growth
- Planning the movement of livestock