The location of water points and fences can significantly influence the utilisation of pastures as well as landscape health and productivity. The most appropriate type of fencing and method of water supply will be influenced by enterprise requirements. There is a wide range of relatively simple and cheaper options available.
This program will cover the range of factors that need to be considered in designing paddock layout to optimise land use, productivity and environmental benefits. Practical tips in designing a land plan, implementing and prioritising development over time will be offered.
- Define your land management goals
- Identify different soil types and productive potential
- Land capability considerations
- Types of fencing, practical tips
- Water infrastructure, determine demand
- Water issues, practical tips
- Costing and prioritising development